Getting my laptop and desktop computers to work together

Posted by George Sibley 
Getting my laptop and desktop computers to work together
October 12, 2007 02:16PM
I recently did the crossgrade to FCP 5.1 and installed it on both a desktop and a macbook pro. I then started my latest project on the G5, moved on to the laptop for a summer in the field, and during that time upgraded to 5.1.4. All this worked fine, with my media on an external firewire drive. When I got home and tried to open the project on the G5, I at first forgot about the upgrade and got "General Error 41", so I duly did the upgrades on the G5. But then, first, I had to run DiskWarrior to get FCP to work at all, but now old projects I update to work with the new FCP look lousy on both the G5 monitor and my NTSC monitor, although they looked fine before. And when I try to open the new project file from the laptop, I get the beach ball of death, and worse yet, it seems to corrupt FCP to not even work with the old project files, until I again run Disk Warrior -- which works, but only gets me lousy quality, etc. If I hook the laptop up to my NTSC monitor everything looks "normal", but I bought this new verson so I could work on both computers. Does anybody know what's happening here? I just want to keep editing my movie.
Re: Getting my laptop and desktop computers to work together
October 12, 2007 05:39PM
You want to read this found in the FAQ

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics