Jittery/hesitating video in a keyframed move

Posted by dougdpi 
Jittery/hesitating video in a keyframed move
October 15, 2007 12:01PM
I created a 35 second timline involving SD video, 1 JPEG still and 1 clip of HD 720p video. Each clip travels across frame right to left with a keyframe at each end of the clip. (Just like the current "Heroes" promo, but I didn't steal the idea :-) ). I scaled each clip down to about 65% and laid a moving background (SD) behind all clips. Some clips have a proc amp filter on them, all clips have a border filter and some clips have a BCC filter.

The problem: the timeline jitters/hesitates/jumps/hiccups several times as the video runs, but never in the same place and only over the SD or still but never during the HD clip playback. It does it in the timeline, in the QT movie I create.

The timeline is a 4:3 Anamorphic 16x9, uncompressed 8-bit codec

I am running a G5 Quad, FCP Studio 2, and latest OS using BCC 4.0.1

I have heard that there has been issues with Boris FX software but cannot find any information on the internet.

I tried many things such as:
Remove the HD shot in case there was an issue.
Copied all media to an internal SATA drive and run the timeline from there.
Removed the anamorphic checkbox in Timeline Settings
Change Video Processing in Timeline Settings from YUV to RGB
Outputted a QT movie as NTSC DV and played movie on another computer to check graphics card
OUtputted a QT movie as 1280 16x9 format
Outputted a QT movie as 4:3 LETTERBOX

None of these worked. It still jitters.

I have not removed the BCC filters yet that is my next step, but I wanted to but this issue out there and see who may know anything.

Thanks in advance.

Doug Darlington
Re: Jittery/hesitating video in a keyframed move
October 15, 2007 12:30PM
have you tried upresing the sd clip thru compressor to which ever hd standard you need? then create a new project and set the sequence to uncomp.8bit.
you will need to set the compressor quality tab to custom and then every thing to best.

as far as the filters go you can export each clip (video) as a fcp qt movie (not qt conversion). then pull those clips back in to a seq. and try it again.

just a guess in the wind. i am thinking your problem is in the sd and hd footage being on the same tl.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Jittery/hesitating video in a keyframed move
October 15, 2007 02:39PM
The up-resing is a good idea as is the FCP QT movie to possibly correct anything the filters are doing.

I thought about the mixture of SD and HD footage but I did remove the HD footage from the timeline, rendered it and the hesitation was still there.

Isn't the new FCP Studio 2 supposed to handle multi-formats in a single timeline?

I'll give your suggestions a try and report back.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics