check it..Some HDV/16mm/and DV mixed in one timeline..

Posted by Ryan Thompson 
check it..Some HDV/16mm/and DV mixed in one timeline..
April 20, 2006 02:31PM
hey everyone. just cut a basic trailer for a project i'm working on. let me know what you think. thanks

[www.stokedonlife.com]
Re: check it..Some HDV/16mm/and DV mixed in one timeline..
April 20, 2006 02:41PM
They work well together. Nice job.

Man they have big waves in Tahiti.

(Careful with the Moby music. Did you get the rights?)
April 20, 2006 02:45PM
Hi.

If this is the trailer, man, i can't wait to wacht the project.
Congratulations, its simple, good fottage, good music and the titles are subtle.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
April 20, 2006 02:45PM
no comment. ha. im not going to use this for anything other than my own website. everything else i edit to i get the rights from the bands and usually go to independent record labels, as they usually want you to use their stuff for free.
April 20, 2006 03:14PM
Careful. Even using that music online to promote yourself or your movie will get you in deep water with the RIAA.
Anonymous User
April 20, 2006 03:44PM
Great looking stuff Ryan

April 20, 2006 04:16PM
was that CA stuff at the ranch? kinda looked like it...

clean up the logo reveal at the end and your golden
April 20, 2006 05:38PM
I always thought surfing was a kind of religious experience :-) It looks serene when you see it with music like that. Since I neither surf, NOR SWIM, those waves crashing down like that scare the hell out of me -- music or no music. I'm curious about the settings you used, because at 54 Mbps I could almost see the whole trailer. I had to hit pause inbetween each second to let it load. My connection is poor. I have a H .264 trailer at [www.liv.net] that I can't watch at all, even with the latest QT player -- I don't know why. My trailer is 808 k. Is your trailer streaming? I imagine it is and it must be more than 1 Gig in size so I don't know how I can see yours but not mine. Kindly share some of the settings you used so I can fix my trailer too. About the music, I think you should consider using something that won't get you in copyrights hot water; I agree with Shane -- play it safe. The shots are great and well edited together. They work with the music on a subliminal level. The main thing is that you want to put this on your website and it's a perfect trailer for that purpose in my opinion.
April 20, 2006 06:52PM
My settings were as followed

Sorenson Video 3
480x270
FPS 15
Data Rate comes out to about 4947.42 kbps

Audio
Qdesign Music 2
Mono
22.050 kHz

which results in a file 38.2 MB

and Scott, the CA stuff was a secret location in the San Diego area smiling smiley
April 20, 2006 07:19PM
Sweet Video Ryan it makes me want to go back to Hawaii LOL

Sean
April 20, 2006 11:12PM
I also made one in H.264 which is now the version I have on our server...it cut down the size by nearly half and also I up'ed the frame rate to 24
April 21, 2006 01:03AM
Very nice Ryan, did you use colour correction much? If so did you do it in FCP or use Final Touch, I only ask as I'm part of a team which is about to start using Final Touch on a daily basis for grading and finishing and I'm trying to get some thoughts from users.
April 21, 2006 01:45AM
Actually I did, but I used Nattress and Magic Bullet...I haven't gotten to use Final Touch yet...I'm still pretty new in the whole color correcting process.
April 21, 2006 03:13PM
Cool trailer, how does one go about loading onto a website, I'd love to do that as well..??

Marcus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics