Leopard and External SATA

Posted by Waynebru 
Leopard and External SATA
November 02, 2007 01:17PM
I am experiencing a problem with Leopard and my external SATA box loaded with 4 drives.
I lost one pair (wouldn't show up on desktop)
Disk Utility couldn't fix, so I had to use the backup on the other pair to re-install 800 gigs of video and graphics.

Now the drives show up, but hang after 1-2 minutes. In order to finish todays work I had to speed through the drives and drag off the files I needed before the computer hangs up and I have to do a hard crash. That required a few speedy restarts.

I installed the new driver from Sonnet to make sure the PCI card is working properly. Is anyone having the same issue?

Earlier, when I was installing Leopard, I got the blue screen of death also and took out "Application Enhancer" from Unsanity.
Re: Leopard and External SATA
November 02, 2007 02:07PM
Before installing / upgrading to Leopard, did you research as to whether your apps / drivers are compatible? I bet your sonnet drivers are not yet Leopard ready (among other conflicts).

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 02, 2007 08:35PM
Yes. Right in the middle of their page.

[www.sonnettech.com]
November 02, 2007 09:34PM
I don't know. man..."blue screen of death" is a PC thing. Mac users get the "black curtain of death" which is a "Kernal Panic" (you know...the curtain slowly drops over your screen, everything freezes & I LOVE YOU is written in 4 different languages smack in the middle). I would do a Carbon Copy Clone of your HD to a FW device, wipe the HD clean and clean install Leopard & all your apps. I always recommend this when a major OS upgrade comes out.

November 03, 2007 07:53AM
Blue Screen of Death is also now a Mac thing. Some Leopard upgraders were getting it.

[docs.info.apple.com]

Membership has it's privileges...?

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
November 03, 2007 10:11AM
Wow...yikes...that's new. That didn't exist on the PPC's. I guess I haven't had enough MacIntel experience to get one of those.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics