multiformat render problems- lost media

Posted by Malyshev 
multiformat render problems- lost media
November 03, 2007 12:15PM
Hello,

I have a 1080 24p timeline that I have been editing interlaced standard def, 720p 59.94HD, and 24p HD material into. I did individual tests with each format to make sure they would place nicely when they rendered.

Then I went to render the entire timeline and it estimated it would be 4hrs for my 1hr timeline. For some reason I tried exporting a QT file and it went to render my timeline first and only took a bit over an hour.

THEN WHEN I RETURNED ALL SORTS OF MEDIA WERE OFFLINE

So I tried reconnecting and was able to see the files but it told me that the start and end times were different. I connected anyway with my fingers crossed. Yet some media really wasn't there to be found still. Some of every format is missing.

I'm willing to recap but am afraid of this anomaly (how do you spell anomoly?) repeating itself because of something I've done wrong.

Any ideas? Has anyone ever heard of this happenning before?

Thank you in advance for your time.

David
Re: multiformat render problems- lost media
November 03, 2007 09:02PM
Can you give us some more details about your computer, and the versions of software you're using? OS, FCP, QT - RAM, HD space, that kind of thing.

November 03, 2007 10:09PM
We have a mac pro, dual intel 3 gig (x2) processors 4 megs of ram, and studio 2 final cut. We have about 3 terragytes internally and a 1 terrabyte firewire 800 external. Today we manually relinked the media, and it is now all online. Our problem now is how to output this multi fomat time line to a standard dv dvd. We are also running a Kona 3 card.

Thank you in advance.

David
November 03, 2007 10:56PM
So, OK, no media was lost, but you lost connection to some. Did you do a 'save as'?

To output to any format first figure out what you want to output as, then make a timeline that matches your output requirements, then drag the original sequence into the new output sequence and render. Or copy-paste in. Some aspect anomalies may require fixing depending on your project settings, but this isn't too hard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics