VIDEO crawl in FCP 4.5
April 23, 2006 03:35AM
I say "video" so folks know these are left-to-right travelling lines of type. not a VIDEO ROLL (commonly known in film post as a Crawl.)

So anyway, Boris Calligraphy Title Crawl is sucking.

I have five layers cascading with a line on each. First there was the pre-flash of each title line. That was easy, just add a 3-5 frame opacity fade. No more flash.

But even, with DeFlicker checked, I'm getting what looks like two fields one of which seems to catch up to the other in mid-line and then each line exits cleanly. How the !?&*@% do I control this?
Tried:

- checking luma, it's legal.
- exporting entire assembly as last-resort QT, and reimported. Same issue. It's in Boris.

Anybody run nto a workaround? I'm not a LiveType guru but ZI have it- can I do a cascade video crawl in it?

TIA
- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Set a Level keyframe with Command-Option K !

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: VIDEO crawl in FCP 4.5
April 23, 2006 11:30AM

You are watching all this on an external monitor, right? When you get down to field by field errors you need to start worrying that the Canvas--even with that 100% trick--doesn't show you all the fields.

Koz
April 23, 2006 12:25PM
Yes, I've got an old Sony 1330 Trinitron and also a consumer Panasonc 27" for the clients, via S-Video.

I'm abandoning Title Crawl for this particular thing. Going to bring in Photoshop layers. Can't thinkl of anythng else (not in Studio yet.)

Does LiveType 2 give you a Crawl or Roll setup with full text formatting control? Until it does it's DeadType for me.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:

www.neotrondesign.com
April 24, 2006 04:53AM
FCP 4.5 has GFX issues, I've had a great deal of problems. FCP 5 apparently has fixed this.
April 24, 2006 12:32PM
Great. Meanwhile, slides (sorry; video CRAWLS) are best done from Photoshop, they come out faultless. Mnor incovenience.

When does FCP get a Title tool that overlays the video backgorund and doesn't take a DVD tutorial to learn??

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:

www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics