conforming project files

Posted by m^tch 
conforming project files
November 13, 2007 10:42PM
hey there,
if i'm using the same computer to do my offline and online edits obviously i wil have to regrab the footage when i'm doing the online. so what's the best way to deal with this matter? do i send an edl out ? or should i use media manager on the selected sequence where i copy and delete those unused media so that it wouldnt grab the entire rushes . currently i'm using the media manager. it's just that i think there's another proper way to deal with it. i'm also facing the speed up problem if i'm using the media manager. suggestions anybody ? thanks again ...
Re: conforming project files
November 14, 2007 12:22AM
[or should i use media manager on the selected sequence where i copy and delete those unused media so that it wouldnt grab the entire rushes .]

Yup, that's the right way to uprez, but first duplicate your cut sequence for safety. Media-manage that and the copy and delete unused settings should trim it to just used length plus whatever handles you specify. (Two second sis popular.) Change the codec to the online resolution you're recapturing to. Should generate a spanking new project with sequence ready to recapture with online codec settings built in.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Invoke your Favorites bin with Command-6 !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
November 14, 2007 03:50AM
thanks loren. but i still face sum speed up problems. most of the time it will automatically change the speed up to something else which is not the original speed that i set during offline edit. in order to set back the original speed that i used, i'll have to remove the speed up attribute and locate for the first frame and last frame again. it's a lil' tedious i say. it also happens to me when i'm grabbing using edl. the speed is just not right as well..
November 14, 2007 04:40AM
Media Manager is the way,

but if you're prepping for on-line there's no need to dupe the sequence.
MM will be doing that, anyway.

Select the Sequence:
Open MM.

CREATE OFFLINE

Set Sequences to: your on-line format
Delete Unused
Handles
Base Media File Names on: (this isn't an essential setting for Create Offline, but would go for): Clip Names.

Don't include Multiclip Angles

nick
November 14, 2007 04:44AM
here's an article "Tips for Successful On-lining":

[www.kenstone.net]

cheers,
nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics