DVCProHD 2 DVD SP

Posted by ClayC 
DVCProHD 2 DVD SP
April 24, 2006 09:53AM
I just upgraded to FCP 5.0.4 and OS 10.4.6. I used to be able to drop a DVCProHD ref movie into DVD SP and build and burn. A ten minute sequence would take just a few minutes to export. It would build in about 20. Now, everytime I try to import > asset into DVD SP, DVD SP immediately crashes. It will still take DV or Animation or Uncompressed, just not DVCProHD anymore.

Did the trash prefs, replaced the dock icon, etc. routine, but no go. Did they change something here, taking away that functionality?? Or what gives?

Clay
Re: DVCProHD 2 DVD SP
April 24, 2006 10:14AM
What you described actually makes me suspect it's one particular file with either corrupt or sensitive media. Especially since you're talking about a reference movie. Did you try a self-contained movie file?
April 24, 2006 10:36AM
Hi Derek,

yep, tried it both ways. Strange thing is, I was doing it just the other day with the same sequence, no problem. All I did was swap out the audio for a different language version. The sequence plays out aok, I can open it with QT (both ref or self-contained), just can't get it in to DVD SP.

Maybe I've commited the cardinal sin of never upgrade mid-project (had to, needed iPhoto and iWeb from iLife06 for a different job). I'm going to try again from a new project created from 5.0.4 and see what happens.

Clay
April 24, 2006 08:06PM
maybe trashing your DVDSP prefs will help?

nick

April 25, 2006 07:02AM
Tried that. No improvement. After more testing strange thing is, DVD SP won't accept any FinalCutPro Movies, ref or self-contained regardless of codec. It crashes immediately after hitting import>asset. It will accept QuickTimes exported from QTPlayer.

Any idea what's going on here?

Clay
April 25, 2006 10:28AM
Try exporting a self-contained QT movie, then use QuickTime Player to re-export it as another self-contained movie file, using the exact same codec.
April 25, 2006 11:40AM
Yes, like I indicated above, that works. It even works with a reference movie opened with QT Player and then exported from QT, so I'm not totally dead in the water. Although, I then lose metadata. The only route I can use at the moment to maintain chapter markers is via Compressor (ssslllllooowww).

Short of re-installing Studio, can't think of anything else at this point.

Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics