Lost Anamorphic setting transferring files

Posted by bRAD2001 
Lost Anamorphic setting transferring files
November 22, 2007 08:18PM
I was transferring anamorphic DV video from my internal hard drive to a Mercury Elite Drive. The process worked fine. However, the anamorphic check mark is missing in the Browser and all the video is distorted and in a 4x3 format.

I've looked at my FCP6 internal settings, it's set for Anamorphic. I'm stumped.

How can I fix it? Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Lost Anamorphic setting transferring files
November 22, 2007 08:40PM
> I've looked at my FCP6 internal settings, it's set for Anamorphic. I'm stumped.

This is a common misperception. The Audio/Video Settings within FCP are presets -- they only apply to new materials being created (new sequences would have Sequence Presets applied; new captured clips will have Capture Presets applied, etc.). These presets don't do diddley to things that already exist, eg. a Sequence created before you changed the presets.

But it's drop-dead simple in your case. Import your clips. Then CONTROL-click on the column headings in the Browser and make sure "Anamorphic" is visible. Now select all the clips and CONTROL-click on any one of the clips in the "Anamorphic" column and choose Yes.

The anamorphic setting is part of the project file, not an intrinsic marker on the clips themselves. That's why when you move them to a new project file the anamorphic flag is missing. Read this:

[www.lafcpug.org]

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics