Audio problem with WMV

Posted by MingS 
Audio problem with WMV
November 22, 2007 12:25PM
Hi all, I know this isn't directly related to FCP but I'm hoping one of you guys could help.
I'm trying to deliver a WMV with these settings;
Video: 300kbps, 320X240
Audio: 128kbps, 32khz, Mono, 16 bit

I've used Episode to make these audio settings by choosing a 128kbps,44.1khz, stereo, 16 bit and tweaked the channel and sample rate settings such that it becomes 32khz, mono. But when the WMV is encoded, it displays 128kbps,44.1khz, stereo, 16 bit in WMP, even though I've already tweaked it to the client's request.

I noticed with the Canopus Procoder, the audio presets are heavily defined as well - certain bitrates come defined with certain sample rates. Is there a way to make the WMV so it displays the actual audio settings? If not, how can I explain it to the client that there are heavily defined presets?

Am I making sense?
Re: Audio problem with WMV
November 22, 2007 06:24PM
I just had a look here at the Flip for Mac options and it's pretty much the same. No mono options at 128k at all. I wouldn't be able to deliver that spec. I think if you're doing mono that 128k is a bit overkill, but I could be wrong. Point is, there are only a certain number of non-configurable combinations that I could find. The one they specific is a bit whacko.

November 22, 2007 10:16PM
I know! The problem is I can't convince them the problem is theirs? Is there a technical explanation for why it can't be configured to their requests? Those guys are driving me up the wall!
November 22, 2007 10:52PM
Maybe send them a screenshot of your audio choices? I can send you a shot of the Flip 4 Mac ones if you want.

November 22, 2007 10:56PM
Here's one

November 23, 2007 01:21AM
Thanks Jude! That's a good idea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics