monitor HDV timeline in output digital cinema desktop full screen

Posted by pricecom 
monitor HDV timeline in output digital cinema desktop full screen
November 22, 2007 05:14AM
I'm sparkling new to Canon HDV. Bought a HV-20E after my trusty Canon XM-1 was stolen.(This is the PAL version of the GL-1, like the one Shane Ross wrote he returned to after he gave back the HV-20) Still mourn the camera which I had seven years, and mourn the Sennheiser 66 and the Kata camera bag).

I captured the HV-20 test material in HDV Firewire 1080i50 (PAL) as instructed on this forum.

As stated on this forum I couldn't monitor the timeline through the HV-20. But discovered that I could monitor the timeline on my second editing monitor if I set my view preferences to Digital Cinema Desktop (full screen). I assume everyone knows this, but thought I'd drop in the info just in case. (I have an old 17" Mag crt and a Samsung BW206. Picture is great on the Samsung, eventhough its only 1680 not true HD). I could also use the Samsung to watch video directly from the camera by hooking up a HDMI cable to the Samsung using a Radio Shack HDMI DVI adapter.

I managed to output HDV back to the camera, using the complicated instructions I found after hours of surfing and a long "conform", for a 3-min test.

In the future I'd want to use this HV-20 as a second or third HD camera. But I haven't yet figured out how to convert to the HDV timeline to HD. I read that I could export as ProRes, but I haven't found out how yet. Is this done through FCP? Compressor? Quicktime?I don't see ProRes but do see 4:2:2 and 10-bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Imac G-5 intel, FCP 5.1.4 OSX 10.4.10
Re: monitor HDV timeline in output digital cinema desktop full screen
November 22, 2007 05:59AM
If you upgrade to FCP 6.0.2 you can convert to Pro Res 422 on the fly via firewire during capture. No capture card required.

I could be wrong, but I think ProRes was a FCP 6.0 innovation.

Re: monitor HDV timeline in output digital cinema desktop full screen
November 23, 2007 09:36PM
Jude Cotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you upgrade to FCP 6.0.2 you can convert to Pro
> Res 422 on the fly via firewire during capture. No
> capture card required.
>
> I could be wrong, but I think ProRes was a FCP 6.0
> innovation.

Pro Res was indeed introduced with FCP 6.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics