wrong sequence settings...how to correct?

Posted by AdamB 
wrong sequence settings...how to correct?
December 04, 2007 03:39AM
My client cut his HD 23.98 material in an NTSC 29.97 sequence by mistake. What is the method for correcting this? It made sense to simply cut/paste the clips into a new sequence with the proper settings, but the results were not as expected. Please help....

thanks so much in advance,
adam
Re: wrong sequence settings...how to correct?
December 04, 2007 07:35AM
> It made sense to simply
> cut/paste the clips into a new sequence with the
> proper settings, but the results were not as
> expected.

Do you mean SD NTSC? That would result in a difference in frame sizes as HD has more lines than SD. I was once trying to output HD on SD, and i realized that it didn't recompress the aspect ratio when i copied and pasted the clips, but it worked when i nested the sequence.

Is there also a sync issue? Try thrashing render files before copying, as rendering would force convert the 23.98 frame rate to 29.97 fps.
December 04, 2007 09:05AM
When you cut a clip into a sequence that doesn't match, certain settings are automatically applied by FCP which don't disappear when you paste the clip into a correct sequence -- such as a Shift Fields filter, Motion settings (Scale and Distort, usually), and the like. Try using Remove Attributes (OPTION-APPLE-V). You could also try using Media Manager without the trim option to create a new project file and sequence with the correct settings.

www.derekmok.com
December 06, 2007 10:00PM
Thanks so much... The remove attributes solved the problem.

I'm a smoke guy and feel so lost in FCP, it's not even funny!

thanks so much again,
adam berk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics