Batch Capture keeps rolling past outpoint and does not stop

Posted by Eric Lalicata 
Batch Capture keeps rolling past outpoint and does not stop
December 05, 2007 10:57PM
Hello,

I work at a post sound house and we are trying to use FCP5 to re-assemble production DATs with audio EDLs provided by the picture department. We import the EDL, which starts a new sequence and places a media folder in the browser with all the offline clips.

We then right click on the media folder and select batch capture. FCP prompts us for the correct reel (DAT) which we place in the Tascam DA60 DAT machine which is connected to FCP via RS422(Sony) and in remote mode. The machine shuttles to the correct location and starts to play while the capture window reports that capturing is taking place. However, it never stops once we get to the outpoint of the first file trying to be re-captured.

We have tried capturing one at a time and no stop. We did a test where we logged a test clip to capture (one that is not in the edl) and it still did not stop. It seems that FCP is not sending a stop command when it should.

Anyone have any ideas what may be going on? The DATS are 30fps nondrop, but the edl is 29.97fps, so that is the sequence setting as well. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I change this. My capture settings and device control settings are both set for 30fps non drop.

Other than the not stopping problem, we can control the deck in the log and capture window fine. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Eric Lalicata
Supervising Sound Editor
Re-Recording Mixer
Re: Batch Capture keeps rolling past outpoint and does not stop
December 07, 2007 11:13AM
Not sure what's up. I use RS422 on my DSR-40 deck but I specify the protocol. Does your Device Control setting also specify RS422? There is a popup menu for this in the Audio/Video Settings/Device Control Presets panel. Open it to discover several prototcols for deck control including FireWire.

HTH

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Toggle Audio Scrub with Shift-S !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics