Capture abort because...?

Posted by Loren Miller 
Capture abort because...?
December 11, 2007 05:07PM
I had an oddball little occurance while batching non-drop DVCAM.

I had 7 DVCAM clips logged, roughly 10 minutes each. This happens to be a nondropframe format. The first four were not contiguous logs (last frame of previous is not first frame of next)and they went in like butter. The last three were contiguous and aborted. I had to modify the timecode of the last two In points to get the material in.

Why?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Toggle Audio Scrub with Shift-S !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Capture abort because...?
December 12, 2007 02:05AM
What version of FCP/OS are you running?

Andy
December 12, 2007 09:10AM
Do you mean contiguous or overlapped? I know some HDV and HDCam cameras have problems maintaining timecode continuity when they stop recording, even if you don't go into VTR mode, eject the tape or remove the battery. Haven't heard of that on a DV camera, though.

www.derekmok.com
December 12, 2007 04:38PM
Sorry; version is 5.1.4, under Tiger 10.4.8 on a Dual 800 Quicksilver g4.

It's odd, I don't recall issues like this in earlier, or in later versions I've used at client sites.

I did not have "Coelesce media" enabled, which would capture continuously. Wanted small chunks for friendly and limber display and editing.

Contiguous- let's say end of previous clip is 21:29 frames. New clip is 22.00 frames. Those were aborted!

I was capturing from a DSR-20 DVCAM deck. Footage was NDF, so I set up a capture preset and timeline with same.

Weird.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Toggle Audio Scrub with Shift-S !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
December 12, 2007 11:02PM
Well, I was going to see if I could duplicate your issue, but I no longer have 5.1 on my machine. It sounds suspiciously like a minor bug to me. Something to do with pre-roll and post roll. Did you see what happens if you put only 1 or 2 frames in between clip capture TC? Non-contiguous, but still very close together? My suspicion is that you'll have aborted captures anywhere inside the pre-roll/post-roll overlap on clips.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics