Sequence changes in FCP

Posted by John Fleet 
Sequence changes in FCP
December 20, 2007 09:27AM
Hi Everyone,

I have just been searching for the answer to a very quick question. I don't know if you may have the time and be able to help.

I am trying to 'Print to tape' a copy of my edited film but, because of the Sequence Preset that I used, my camera (JVC HD100) will not do it. I needed to have chosen the HDV 25p setting and not the Apple Intermediate Codec setting.

Is there any way of changing the Sequence Preset of my project without having to redo the entire edit? I tried opening a new project in a different preset and then copying and pasting the other edit in and then trying the Print to tape but FCP crashes! Any ideas?

Thanks for this,

John
Re: Sequence changes in FCP
December 20, 2007 09:35PM
You don't need to start a new project. Those settings are indicative to the sequence not the project.

Now, how you do it depends on which version of FCP you are running.

If you have FCP 5 or lower:

Create a new sequence (CMD+OPT+N) choose the correct preset and hit ok. Name it as your output sequence. Double click it to load it into the timeline.

Either copy and paste original sequence clips into the new sequence, or drag the old sequence into the new sequence (nesting).

Render and you should be good to go.

If you have FCP 6:

Go into your sequence settings (CMD+0) and change the settings of your sequence to the correct settings you need for output.

Render and you're good to go.

FCP 6 will change a sequence settings even if other clips exist in the timeline, versions prior to that only changed settings when the sequence was empty.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics