nothing in FAQ about no levels on deck

Posted by Mark19 
nothing in FAQ about no levels on deck
December 27, 2007 08:03PM
Attempting edit to tape/print to video output onto sony dsr-40 using dvcam tape. no audio levels on deck but it seems to be grabbing the sequence.

running FCP 6.0
OS10.4.9
Equipment: Dual 2 ghz PowerPC G5, 2.5 GB DDR SDRAM

something i am missing on my settings?

device settings within edit to tape window: Device Control:FireWire NTSC and Capture/Input:
DV NTSC 48kHz

www.markdavid.tv
Re: nothing in FAQ about no levels on deck
December 27, 2007 08:17PM
1. Edit to Tape window / Video Tab / lower right corner (Audio Output settings) / click & select "All On"

2. If that don't work, restart FCP & do the above again

3. If that don't work, restart machine & do the above again

3. If that don't work, check your cables / swap out for new ones (I had a bad cable a few weeks ago...went through EVERY troubleshooting trick in the book - couldn't get machine control of my DigiBeta deck through my Kona card. Went over to the router while looking at my monitor and wiggled the cable = VTR OK! Stupid cables.).

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 27, 2007 08:25PM
all three are yellow, TC, Vid and the Audio is set to all on. FCP grabs the deck in Edit to Tape as well, but nothing is going down, video is not going down either.

thank you for responding Joe! I know its the Holiday week.

www.markdavid.tv
December 27, 2007 08:28PM
restarting now, for some reason i could only see item #1 in your response.

stand by...

www.markdavid.tv
December 27, 2007 09:02PM
niiice,

thank you reminding me about that process.

after restarting the machine, it gave me a prompt saying that my video and audio settings were not matching, audio was set to default so I checked firewire audio and WHAMMO.

I use to be a producer in NY for Vh1 promos, this facility I went to all the time had this guy who had been in the business for many many years named Leny. We called that prosess Lengeneering.

thanks again!

www.markdavid.tv
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics