Capturing Issues

Posted by Joe Beato 
Capturing Issues
January 03, 2008 01:10PM
Just a quick question. I am using FCPHD (4.5 on Panther)and having a problem capturing. I have been using this system for 4 years now, and just recently capture issues. It will only capture ( I am just using "capture now" ) 4 minute chunks. I know it is not the limit capture to in the prefrences because I have that set to 2 hours. I checked all my scratch disks and they are ok also. I just upgraded my Quick Time, (7.3.1) so I thought something might have to be reset? It is probally the QT don't run with the older version of FCPHD. I have no problem upgrading, but just a couple of questions. I have an older Mac, ( 466 MGZ Power PC G-4, with 768 ram ) Can't afford a new PC right now, but getting a Power Book Pro in early Summer.The question is how far up can I go with the upgrade as far as OS, and FCP with this system? I have Tiger, and FCP 5.1 I am not worried about any files, because everything is on the separate drives. I can get my project finished, I hope, a friend can get it captured, finish this project first, get it out the door, then do a clean install and get the system running. As of right now, I don?t have any major projects until the spring, so I have some time to mess around. Man, I hate computer issues . . Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance . . .
Re: Capturing Issues
January 05, 2008 05:37PM
BS"D

It's the Quick Time upgrade. You're the third person I've read about (counting me, the fourth) who's posted here about capturing problems.

Something in the 7.3 won't let you capture more than 4-5 minutes at a time. I'm still looking for a way to get rid of it and go back to the reliable 7.0? Anybody know how?
Re: Capturing Issues
January 07, 2008 09:27AM
I'm another with the same problem. I just updated my Quick Time to 7.3.1 and.... .... ... Now I'm getting a "General Error" and can not even capture 4 or 5 minutes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics