Live Type frustration

Posted by jwilliam 
Live Type frustration
January 15, 2008 07:09PM
I'm feeling like an idiot again, because LiveType has me stumped.

And apologies if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where else to post this. But I've created a title in livetype, and I want to animate it slowly moving from left to right across the screen.

How do you do it?

I created a new effect layer, and added keyframes, but I keep looking for a "position" parameter to keyframe, and keep coming up empty.

The title is substantially larger than the frame size, so just using the "offset" command won't get the title to move as far as I want.

Or, if I just keep the title at this enormous (400% of frame size) scale, will I get the whole file into FCP, so I can put the move on it in there?

Have I just run up into a limit of LiveType?

Thanks -

Jeff
Re: Live Type frustration
January 15, 2008 08:03PM
Try this.

Apply a new effect to your title (CMD+E). Click on the Effects Tab in the Inspector. Choose "Slide" from the drop down box and hit the plus key to add it to the effect. If you're on the first keyframe in your effect, double-click the slide effect in the Active Parameters box. Put a negative number in the dialog box like -200 or something. The text will likely go off screen. If it doesn't, try again with a larger negative number. Once it's gone off screen, scrub across the effect in the timeline until you see the text appear on the left. If you look in the Active Parameters box, you'll notice that it will update the position of the text so if you want it to start just barely off screen you can adjust the first keyframe accordingly. It's hard to click on the keyframes to select them, so I use SHIFT+K and OPT+K to go to next and previous keyframes.

Go to the last keyframe and adjust with a positive number and then readjust like above. Once you have the keyframes correctly positioned, you control the speed of the move by making the effect track longer or shorter.

Hope this helps.

andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics