FCP 6.0.2 Log and capture CRASH

Posted by LifeInPictures 
FCP 6.0.2 Log and capture CRASH
January 15, 2008 08:27AM
FCP 6.0.2 Log and capture crash- when I try to log and capture FCP crashes, every time. No warning, no error message, just crash. Has anyone else seen this? I'm on a dual 2.5 PowerPC with 3.5 GB DDR SDRAM. Please help!!
Re: FCP 6.0.2 Log and capture CRASH
January 15, 2008 04:54PM
Sounds like the system is unstable. Try trashing your preferences first. That's the easiest to do. At what point does it crash? When you open the log and capture window? When you finally begin capture? What deck are you using? Are you using a capture card or capturing via firewire?

A crash without an error message is difficult to diagnose without more info. The more the better.

Andy
January 16, 2008 11:35AM
Here's a whole host of questions:

Is it a kernel panic? Does your mac go on kernel panics often? (the dark screen in four languages asking you to restart your mac)

Or is it the spinning beachball of death? Does it just happen with log and capture? Do you have stuff plugged into your firewire ports?

Which is the default connection that your computer is set up to, on launching log and capture. Is it a capture card or firewire?

Does final cut just disappear with a 'love note' later on to tell you that it went on vacation? Does final cut keep crashing constantly?

If final cut crashes or hangs constantly, it would mean that something got corrupted in final cut and it doesn't go down very well with your system. In this case, you might want thrash your preference or do a clean reinstallation of final cut (in this preference order).
January 16, 2008 11:44AM
Your next alternative is to find the error log that final cut generates. It'll probably give you a hint of what's causing it.
January 16, 2008 12:35PM
update

Hi, thank you to everyone who responded to this posting, I un-installed FCP and re-installed and the problem went away. The Crash was instantaneous and no error messages popped up at any time. It was not a Kernel issue with my Mac. The only thing I can deduce is that something did not load in the initial instillation.

Thanks again, it is good to have a site like this for support.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics