Equipment insurance?

Posted by Apostolos 
Equipment insurance?
January 31, 2008 04:43PM
What do people use for equipment insurance? Any companies that cover theft in your house as well?
Re: Equipment insurance?
January 31, 2008 04:54PM
i have a business policy from the hartford covering $50k in loss for $500/year
January 31, 2008 10:34PM
A contact no. of the agent?
January 31, 2008 11:35PM
Would it be worth it insuring my new Macbook Pro with FCS? It's only $3,500, but still $3,500 I'm only able to afford once (at this point).
February 01, 2008 12:15AM
Do you have renters insurance? Homeowners?

When I was a renter (not that long ago) you could pick up renter's insurance for $200 / yr. Easy to argue they should replace your laptop, it's a common household item. Might require a rider for a semi-pro camera...
February 01, 2008 02:01AM
I carry a business rider on my condo insurance-- about $250/year. Be sure to update your property list when you acquire new towers, screens, cameras, et al, and include serial numbers, and take photos of all important equipment.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Instantly find Next/Previous timeline Gaps with Shift/Option -G !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 01, 2008 11:57AM
Make sure the policy specifically covers losing it or having it stolen. Often homeowners insurance only covers these things if they are destroyed secondary to house fire or flood, etc. Of course you want that covered, but professional equipment has other vulnerabilities.

Scott
February 03, 2008 09:19AM
Just in case anyone from England pops in this thread and is looking for an answer:

i work from home, so my contents insurance won't cover my camera equipment (what a surprise... but that's another rant). The only company i found who would insure my camera equipment (including a laptop when i initially started) for accidental damage in the field and from being stolen at home or from a car was Pavillion Insurance

Pavillion

I pay around £200 pa for £5k worth of equipment and they give a % discount for no claims each year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics