VIEWING FOOTAGE - thru a firewire

Posted by amjosk 
VIEWING FOOTAGE - thru a firewire
February 04, 2008 06:23PM
Hi!

I am a beginner, so ANY help or advice is greatly appreciated. Assume I know nothing when you explain answers. Thanks in advance. smiling smiley

Our director would like to view his footage shot on Panasonic DVC Pro HD AJ-P66MP tapes. We are working with FCP 6, a firewire, and the Panasonic HD AJ-1400 Deck. My question is: Is it possible to view footage straight from this set up? I mean, is the firewire sufficient to put an HD image through to the monitor. Last time we had this set up going the director was not happy with the image because it seemed jumpy while we were viewing it through FCP. This jumpiness is from us not capturing the footage first, right? I'm not sure but he thought it should be able to be viewed directly from the deck in it's native quality. Please help! Do I have my setting wrong? Do I need a capture card? (even if I'm not capturing?) We only want to view.

Thanks!!
Re: VIEWING FOOTAGE - thru a firewire
February 04, 2008 06:28PM
Do you have a HD monitor?

Re: VIEWING FOOTAGE - thru a firewire
February 04, 2008 06:30PM
We didn't have an HD monitor the first time (just viewing in FCP) We are going to rent one this time though. Do you think that will make the difference?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics