FCS 2 Book Recommendation Needed

Posted by Greaser 
FCS 2 Book Recommendation Needed
February 06, 2008 09:17AM
Hi,
I'm as green as can be to FCP and the rest of the studio. My employer has asked me (a hint maybe?) to consider learning a thing or two about it. Coming from a still and web design background this is all new to me, yet I'm excited to jump in.

I'd like to find a book that covers the newest studio package, 2. From what I've read it sounds like "Getting Started with Final Cut Studio" by Douglas is what I'm looking for, yet it's for the previous Studio package. I'd really like a book that covers everything included in FCS 2 like this does for FCS. Any clue if he has a new edition coming out? Would I be missing anything if I picked up this edition? Other beginner books you'd recommend?

Thx for any help
Re: FCS 2 Book Recommendation Needed
February 06, 2008 09:38AM
[www.peachpit.com]

www.derekmok.com
Re: FCS 2 Book Recommendation Needed
February 06, 2008 05:02PM
I'll second Derek's mention of the "Apple Pro Training Series" set of books published by Peachpit. They are the books used for Apple certification exams and some of the best (and sometimes only) books on learning and using the Final Cut Studio applications.

You may want to check out Ripple Training (rippletraining.com) and Lynda.com for video-based training (among other sources)...

-Dave

P.S. - Like everything else, simply learning to use tools doesn't make you good at a profession... How many people who own a hammer can build a house (well)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics