Final Cut Studio 2.0 Upgrade ???

Posted by kevineditor 
Final Cut Studio 2.0 Upgrade ???
February 14, 2008 12:40PM
I'm about to install the "FCP Studio 2.0 Upgrade."
Before I click "Upgrade" I was wondering what you all thought about the upgrade.
I have been using 5.1.4 for over 1 year now and it is a seamless workflow.

Any issues in the new Studio 2.0? Compatibility problems?

I have a Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5
7 GB DDR SDRAM
Currently running FCP 5.1.4 with all the studio apps.
After Effects 7.0
Adobe CS1 - Yes only CS1!!!
On2 Technologies Flash compression exporting capabilities from FCP.

Any tips/ suggestions or even none at all would be great.

Thanks a lot everyone!
Re: Final Cut Studio 2.0 Upgrade ???
February 14, 2008 06:26PM
Will you be in the middle of any projects during the upgrade? The whole kit is quite stable, but there have been some issues with projects that need to be upgraded from earlier versions. If all your new projects will be started fresh under Studio 2, I can't think of any caveats offhand.

February 15, 2008 05:00AM
7 gigs of ram? Are you on Leopard? Not sure if Final Cut can tap into that yet... Leopard might have compatibility issues with AE (i heard adobe released patches for that, but i could be dreaming).

Otherwise, if you're not in the middle of a project, go for it... You'll love it.
February 15, 2008 11:08AM
I am taking over a project cut in FC Studio 2 and am trying to upgrade from Studio 1 to avoid any compatibility issues. I am on a non-Intel G5 with dual 2.7 and 2Gigs RAM. Per instructions I upgraded to 10.4.11 and Quicktime 7.4.1. I install the FCP disk to begin installation and when instructed switch to the Audio Content 1 disk then back to FCP install disk. It seems to complete but then I get a message that there were problems with the installation, it failed and to try again. This has happened 3 times and each time I check for software updates for my system thinking that might be the issue. Anyone incur this problem? Any thoughts? I need to start cutting Monday - HHHEEEEELLLPPPPP!!
February 18, 2008 11:22AM
Thanks for the responses. I am going to go for it and see what happens. I hope I can still run AFX 7.0 after I run the upgrade. Wish me luck!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics