Outputting to Beta SP

Posted by Kate DeBellis 
Outputting to Beta SP
February 08, 2008 04:50PM
Im having a settings issue with outputting to Beta SP tape. I work on a Mac OS X version 10.4.11 and a memory of 2.5 GB DDR SDRAM with Final Cut Pro version 5.1.4. We have a Blackmagic card and a BetaSP PVW-2800 deck. I have output to tape before using the 8 bit (720 x 486) setting. I know its a setting issue because when I play back the output tape, the audio is there but there is no picture...its just black. This could be something very easy Im just missing. Someone get back to me please....it would be greatly appreciated.

Kate
Re: Outputting to Beta SP
February 09, 2008 01:59PM
Beta SP machines have multiple format inputs. Make sure the front panel switch is set to select the one you are plugged into.

-Vance
February 11, 2008 07:21AM
Did you set your decklink preferences to component outs?
February 13, 2008 05:13PM
Can you tell me how to do that exactly?

Kate
February 15, 2008 02:19PM
click system preferences, click decklink, click set system outputs. One option should be "SDI and ntsc/pal (Y out)"- that is composite NOT the one you should use. The other option should be "SDI and Y, R-Y, B-Y"- that's component. Then check your patchbay. It should be patched properly.
February 18, 2008 12:21PM
Thanks, but thats set correctly. Here's the thing, when I flip the Input Select switch on the betacam deck to Y-R-B insted of composite, we get video. I don't know if thats correct because I thought it was set to Composite previously. Also, now with the input on Y-R-B, I can't get the closed captioning (Mac Cap) thats on the video to show up when I re-output. Any advice on that?
February 18, 2008 02:30PM
The setting seems right. You should be out putting in component, as it's of much higher quality than composite.

Component splits the signal and carries color information separately. Composite squeezes everything into one signal, lowering the quality.

I haven't worked off a CC machine before, so I've no idea how that works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics