Closed Captions

Posted by Apprise Video 
Closed Captions
February 14, 2008 07:11PM
I did a search of the forum and could not find an answer.  What is the best way, and least expensive way, to add closed captions (to :30 ads) in Final Cut Pro?  I have Final Cut Studio 2.
Re: Closed Captions
February 15, 2008 06:32AM
Mac Caption (6k with dongle)
Mac Caption
Pretty simple to do:
Export your mov as self contained
Drop into Mac Caption
Drop txt file into MC
format fields
hit "in" during play mode to sync
export black movie with Sub Titles info
import into FCP
crop from bottom 98%

There is some set up with your output card, but very simple to do.
A note for :30's is to start your caption 1 sec late for broadcast.
February 15, 2008 09:52AM
Sure, for $6000 it better be simple, but thanks for the advice! I may have to go that route, so your tips will help.

M
February 15, 2008 02:09PM
Someone just gave me a Beta SP with close captioning. I am working in FCP 6 with a Kona LH capture card. Does anyone know how I can capture the CC signal so I can see it in FCP and then output to DVD. I am new to the CC game so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
February 15, 2008 03:23PM
Capture as 8 bit 720x486
Output to a DVD-R set top burner

You can check the composite output CCing by connecting Kona to a TV that supports CC.

I am no expert as I have been thrown into NLE CCing as of 2 mos ago.
if anything it is a money maker.
February 15, 2008 03:34PM
Well...you are one up on me. Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
February 18, 2008 12:22PM
Im having a settings issue with outputting to Beta SP tape. I work on a Mac OS X version 10.4.11 and a memory of 2.5 GB DDR SDRAM with Final Cut Pro version 5.1.4. We have a Blackmagic card and a BetaSP PVW-2800 deck. I can output to tape now just fine, but when I do it the Closed Captioning is not present. I figure its a settings issue on final cut. If anybody has experience with closed captioning and final cut, I would greatly appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Kate
Re: Converting Close Captioning to Open Captioning
February 19, 2008 12:06PM
Is it possible to capture a CC material at 8 bit from Beta SP and encode it to a a self contained (program stream) MPEG2 with open captioning? I'm hoping that it is something that is possible with just what comes with FCP Studio 2 but it doesn't seem like I'm finding it.

Thanks,
Bevin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics