Render every time

Posted by JohnT 
Render every time
February 21, 2008 12:59AM
Hi guys,

Do you all have to render every change you make? I do and I am using FCP5. My friend has FCP6 and he doesn't have to render every time he put a new clip onto the timeline or any change he makes or whatsoever? Does sound weird to you all? Is it a FCP5 thing? does it have anything with my settings? Help!

JohnT
Re: Render every time
February 21, 2008 01:01AM
February 21, 2008 03:09AM
depends on what you have and where you drop it...
February 21, 2008 11:54PM
Hi Michael,

I did check out FAQ.
Too bad that [www.proapptips.com] doesn't exist anymore. I guess it is because my clips are 720x480 and my sequence setting is 680x480. What doesn't make sense to me is the photos set at 680x480 still need to be rendered everytime.

I try to match all the settings but I don't see a default setting for 680x480 in the User Preferences.
February 22, 2008 05:39AM
stills must be rendered before it can play
February 22, 2008 06:50AM
And don't be lulled by the green "realtime play" bar above photo clips-- to judge quality and animation and frame accurarcy you need to render these as well as 'redline" clips.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Instantly find Next/Previous timeline Gaps with Shift/Option -G !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 22, 2008 11:41AM
Loren, about the light green RT bar, I read that it allows for full quality realtime effects and rendering doesn't improve playback quality. Does that mean that a render would now result in generational loss when doing an edit to tape?
February 22, 2008 11:54AM
That's called "Full Preview Quality." Next to meaningless.

Render them clips, dude!!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Instantly find Next/Previous timeline Gaps with Shift/Option -G !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 22, 2008 01:49PM
Haha. Thanks for the reply! Yep, I always render before i export. Juz checkin... Wanna know what's strange about the "full quality"? Once I had some stuff on the light green bar and i didn't have time to render the entire timeline, and i had clients come in for a session to make some amendments... And as I was playing the edit, it hit this spot where the image suddenly turned soft. I almost jumped out of my seat and then realized that it was on the light green bar. Amazing how "full quality" it turned out to be.
February 22, 2008 02:01PM
I work on this project for almost 3 years now. I learnt FCP while working on the project. So a lot of things don't really match and so, as I was messing around with the program. Like they say: I wish I knew what I know now. I'm just gonna continue to render every time until this job is done. I've gone so far already rendering every time. I still like to know for the learning sake however.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics