Photoshop Buttons to DVD SP 3

Posted by Jay 
Jay
Photoshop Buttons to DVD SP 3
May 02, 2006 08:17PM

Trying to creat text buttons for a menu in dvd sp 3. I added a drop shadow to my text in photoshop and it shows well, but when i import it to sp i don't see the drop shadow. What can i do to make this work better?

Thanks

Mac OS X.3
Photoshop 8
DVD SP 3
Re: Photoshop Buttons to DVD SP 3
May 02, 2006 08:34PM
You have an answer waiting for you in the DVD SP forum.
May 02, 2006 08:37PM
> I added a drop shadow to my text in photoshop and it shows well, but when
> i import it to sp i don't see the drop shadow. What can i do to make this
> work better?

Many of the effects implement in Photoshop -- for example, opacity -- don't show up when the PSD is imported into DVD Studio Pro. Instead of using the Drop Shadow feature, duplicate the text layer in Photoshop, rasterize it, and then use blurring and image adjustments to get the shadow you want. Since the shadow is now a layer, it should show up in DVDSP.
May 02, 2006 11:49PM
When you are importing a PS file that has layer effects (such as drop shadow, bevel & emboss, etc.) into applications like FCP, and I suspect DVDSP, you must take a special step first before saving in PS. Put a blank layer below the layer you have the effect on, then highlight that effect layer and do Merge Down. The net result would seem to be the same as you had before, but now the layer effects will show up in the other application. I'll bet a donut that will work here with DVDSP.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics