Sony HDR-HC1 HDV Camera...anybody use one of these?

Posted by grafixjoe 
Sony HDR-HC1 HDV Camera...anybody use one of these?
May 03, 2006 04:39PM
Hey Gang,

I have a chance to get one of these & would like to get some input from Owners / Users, please. Shooting / Editing issues, opinions of all around performance, etc.

I am familiar with HDV shortcomings in general, so no anti-HDV Rants, please.

Thanx smiling smiley

- Joey

Post Edited (05-03-06 14:39)

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: Sony HDR-HC1 HDV Camera...anybody use one of these?
May 04, 2006 01:17AM
We use it in a water-housing for surf/bodyboard stuff. it performs well in my opinion, as long as you dont plan on getting too crazy with it..its small and lightweight and doesnt look too pro but in my opinion comes with really nice results.
May 04, 2006 04:53AM
It depends on what you want to do with it. The single cmos chip doesn't do as good a job as the 3 chip models, although, having seen some HDV footage shot with it recently, I was surprised at how good it was, considering. It's priced substantially lower than the FX1 though, which is pretty indicative as to how Sony themselves evaluate it. That should tell you a lot right there. IMHO for pro users, it's a cool tool i.e. as above for special situations or for location scouting, casting, reference stills (the cmos is originally a digital still photo chip, so they put that functionality on board, nice extra).

Clay
May 05, 2006 05:09PM
Thanx Ryan & Clay...anyone else? I would love to hear about any capture / edit / layoff issues. I just ordered one and I want to get a jump on it. The reviews I have been reading actually say it was discontinued, but it is a much better camera than the one that took it's place (which is why I bought it). GREAT user reviews.

Thanx again smiling smiley

- Joey

May 05, 2006 07:18PM
What underwater casing are you using? I've used this camera as well. Get great results, aside from normal things such as long render times with HDV it shoots excellent video. The Hands on HDV training DVD is a great reference on the setting on the camera as well. It was bundled with them on B&h for a while. The camera works excellent with FCP 5.1, captures great, just set your easy setup to hdv 1080i and it works perfectly.
May 06, 2006 07:56PM
Thers's only 3 KIND FOLKS IN LAFCPUGLAND that have used this camera?? Does anyone KNOW SOMEONE that is using this camera?

Thanx smiling smiley

- Joey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics