digitize xdcam

Posted by Sonja 
digitize xdcam
May 04, 2006 11:03AM
How can I digitize xdcam in FCP in a fast way? I heard something about click and drag the file. I would like to digitize in a low resolution, because there are about 100 disks to digitize. If I digitize in a low resolution, does that mean that the audio will be in low res too?
Re: digitize xdcam
May 04, 2006 02:55PM
i don't know if your a member over at creativecow.net, but their new magazine that just came out covers alot about xdcam, im not sure if it covers all of that, but it might, it's available as a pdf

heres the link

[forums.creativecow.net]

check it out

if it's not there also check on the sony website

Amateur Teacher
May 04, 2006 08:17PM
In June, Sony is releasing a support app for XDCam. I saw it at NAB. It loads the proxy clips from the XDCam disk onto your computer. From there you'll see thumbnails of all the MXF files and be able to play and decide which ones you want. You can also mark INs and OUTs to bring in only a portion of a clip.

You build up a playlist and then import them all directly into FCP from the XDCam disk. It seemed pretty fast; about 2-3 times real time.

Downsides: You cannot rename the MXF files prior to importing them into FCP therefore you have to wait and rename them in the browser. Also, as I said before, it won't be released until June.

If you can't wait that long, Flip4Mac has a plugin that you can buy that will import the MXF files in the same manner except you can't see the thumbnails beforehand, so you don't know which files to bring in unless you have a proxy viewer or a V1 deck or look at the thumbnails on your camera. Also, you have to bring in the entire MXF file which can be a bit of a pain.

Andy
May 06, 2006 01:19AM
one draw back about the Sony and Apple "solution" is that it is only for the 25 mb signal (basically HDV) not the better 35 mb signal

what I am doing with the feature I am working on is going in with HD SDI to either photo JPG 75% or uncompressed 8bit HD

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
May 06, 2006 03:34PM
Yeah, but it's a brand new app. Support will come for the different flavors of XDCam HD as well as SD eventually. In fact, it wasn't mentioned whether the XDCam footage in question was SD or HD.

Andy
May 08, 2006 12:26PM
It's SD.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics