HV20 not recognised

Posted by johnnyspack 
HV20 not recognised
October 14, 2007 03:48PM
Been using FCP6 and it's been fine, but this morning it has decided that it doesn't recognise my HV20 anymore. Went to capture preferences and on the dropdown it just has missing (same with audio). Checked all connectors, restarted etc.

Why has this happened? Any ideas?

G4PB, 2gRAM, 10.4.10

Dimitri
Re: HV20 not recognised
October 14, 2007 06:46PM
try refreshing av devices in the view menu.

will it respond in capture as a non controlled device?

the dv connections in consumer cams tend to bun out. they are very very sesitive to even the smaller impacts and wiggle to the connection. its not the dv connection it self its more of the housing it sits in.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
October 14, 2007 11:16PM
Yeah thanks for that, already tried both those things and it didn't solve it. Do I have to trash the preferences?
October 15, 2007 10:14AM
yeah try trashing prefs. if that doesn't work then try to connect a borrowed camera or testing the cpu fw800 connection by connecting a different fw device. if the new device doesn't register then it is that fw connection not the cam. if it does then its either the cable or the cam.

btw when you connect if you hear an extra high pitch that only dog should hear it your camera's fw connect. the pitch is coming from your cpu attempting to understand/initialize the connection.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
March 13, 2008 07:25PM
I'm using the HV20 and had some issues similar to this. Found out that if I was using DV footage on a miniDV tape, you had to use the Firewire DV Easy Setup.
If you're capturing HD footage that was shot on the camera, roll the tape a few seconds into your footage and try to refresh the devices.
That worked for me...
March 13, 2008 07:30PM
Doesn't the HV20 also require you to use FW Basic not Firewire?

mike

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 13, 2008 07:31PM
I can't recall which I've used...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics