FCP won't open! Please Help!!

Posted by katz 
FCP won't open! Please Help!!
March 17, 2008 08:05PM
FCP 4.5 PPC dual 2.0 4 gigs ram. I had to update the software in order for itunes to let me add some tunes so I did. My system always worked perfectly before this update. I am now at 10.4.11 and quicktime at 7.4.1. Everytime I try to open FCP I get the Application unexpectedly Quit notice. I sent a report to apple and I tried trashing my preferences but no good. What's up? Any help is appreciated I'm in a jam!!
Thanks,
Paul
Re: FCP won't open! Please Help!!
March 18, 2008 12:38AM
Sounds like the problem is either the Tiger update or the Quicktime update (probably the Quicktime). I think Quicktime 6 and Panther were the best combo for FCP 4.5. Do you have another computer you can update to use with iTunes? The constant updating of Quicktime so that it works with the latest iLife updates has been a big problem for some users; if you have to maintain an older version of FCP you should really treat your system like it's preserved in amber -- don't update what's stable and working for you.

Try downgrading your Quicktime to the previous version you had; the links are in the FAQ.

JK

March 19, 2008 01:24AM
Thanks for the info ...I downloaded Pacifist , installed Quicktime 7.3 and Voila! FCP opened!
Thank God...and THANKS AGAIN
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics