Strange noise appearing on playback...HELP!

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
Strange noise appearing on playback...HELP!
March 18, 2008 10:50AM
I'm getting the weirdest thing off my MacBook Pro (and 23" Cinema display)....

When I play back footage on the timeline, sometimes there will be flickering lines on my cinema display. The lines are a couple pixels wide and maybe take up 33% of the screen (horizontally). If I stop playing and arrow back on the timeline (frame by frame), the lines aren't there, so I know they aren't there on the original footage. I can go back on the timeline and play it again and sometimes they aren't there, and sometimes they are there but at different places.

I thought it could be my Cinema display, so I swapped that out with another one I have. That wasn't it.

I thought it could be a hardware problem with the output on my MacBook Pro. That wasn't it, because I also noticed (very subtly) that the lines also appeared on my Canvas window during playback.

I tried deleting the preference file (com.apple.proapps.plist), and that didn't work either.

So far, I have not seen anything on the final tape when I do a Print to Video, it's only when I'm editing. It's very annoying, and I'm HOPING there isn't anything wrong with what's going on tape.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here and how to fix it?

BTW, in case it matters, it's the 17" MacBook Pro with the latest FCP, and I'm editing projects in HDV shot with a Sony Z1U.

Thanks!
Casey Petersen
www.unitedvideoinc.com
Re: Strange noise appearing on playback...HELP!
March 18, 2008 08:16PM
Someone had a similar thing to this recently .. see if I can find it ..

Here - is it the same problem as this thread?

http://www.lafcpug.org/phorum/read.php?1,200325,201512#msg-201512

Re: Strange noise appearing on playback...HELP!
March 19, 2008 10:06AM
Yeah, that's the same thing. Maybe I'll try clearing the hard drives a little bit...although I think I have 60 gigs free on each one...let me check...nope, I have nearly 100 gigs free on each drive, darn it.

It's not on the rendered files or on the Print to Video. It went away for a little while when I deleted the prefs file (I think I got the right one, right?), and then it came back.

I thought it could have something to do with the audio, because once I muted the audio tracks and it didn't show up...maybe I should explore this a little more.

Casey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics