Kona Audio Capture and Odd Errors

Posted by cobaltjones 
Kona Audio Capture and Odd Errors
March 25, 2008 06:47PM
I'm having trouble capturing just audio with my Kona LHe card. I've got FCP 6.0.2 and when i run a mic through my Mackie board, into the Kona XLR analog inputs, i get no levels. I've also switched my device control to non-controllable device.

I've tried running the mic into the built in line in the back of the mac, changed my capture preset, and can get levels, but when i tried to "capture now" i get an error stating:

This operation could not be completed as there is no video.

The video box in the clip setting tab is deselected and i'm not trying to capture video.

Anyone else having these odd issues?

Please help!
Re: Kona Audio Capture and Odd Errors
March 25, 2008 08:27PM
Are your Aja Control Panel settings correct for the audio input?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 26, 2008 10:33AM
Use the Voice Over Tool....not the CAPTURE interface...if you want to capture VO. Make a new sequence with VIDEO slug on it...drop it in a few times, then use the VO tool to record the audio.

I have the Kona 3 and I can't get audio in thru the card...can't figure that out. And I know others have said they used the Capture interface for temp VO, much like you would on an Avid, but I have yet to get that to work.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 26, 2008 10:40AM
I haven't had to try this with my LHe, but it sounds like the Kona wants a video signal to lock to. Have you tried feeding it a black signal? Lacking other resources just plug in the video out of a camera or DVD player.

-Vance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics