Trouble capturing with GL2 in FCP with MacBook Pro

Posted by indieav 
Trouble capturing with GL2 in FCP with MacBook Pro
March 29, 2008 05:36PM
Hi all.

I'm having trouble capturing from a GL2 on my MacBook Pro. I've used several other cameras to capture - GL1s, DVX100s - all of them have worked, but I continually have trouble with the GL2.

I have...

OS X Version 10.5.2
FCP Version 5.1.4

The capture tool picks up that a device is attached, and can actually read timecode, but no picture or sound comes through. I've got my capture settings on DV NTSC 48, which is where I should be.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance...
BK
Re: Trouble capturing with GL2 in FCP with MacBook Pro
March 29, 2008 06:30PM
Read this:

[www.lafcpug.org]

www.derekmok.com
Re: Trouble capturing with GL2 in FCP with MacBook Pro
March 30, 2008 04:39AM
I used to have an XM1 (the UK version of the GL2's predecessor) and I often found that FCP would not properly recognise the Cam with an Firewire Drive connected (even via a different FW port -FW400 Cam and FW800 Hard drive).

BTW -MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB Ram, FCP5.1 OSX 10.4.something (at the time I had this problem)

I seem to remember reading that the XM/GL/1/2 Cams had issues with FCP (or vice versa) but I can't seem to find where I read it. (Got rid of the XM1 a while back)

What I ended up having to do most of the time was rebooting without the Hdrive and capturing to my system drive then exiting FCP, disconnecting the Cam, connecting the Hdrive, moving the footage to an appropriate project folder in my Ext Hdrive capture scratch and then importing it into FCP.

A bit of a pain -particularly if you're capturing more footage than you can fit on your system drive at once.

Never found any other consistent solution to this problem -hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics