am I crazy? or am I just nuts

Posted by Mark19 
am I crazy? or am I just nuts
April 22, 2008 12:48AM
XDcam file transfer...my G5 not likey. is this a pentium issue? cause I don't have pentium.

thanks in advance!

-md

www.markdavid.tv
Re: am I crazy? or am I just nuts
April 22, 2008 12:57AM
Have you downloaded the two files you need to from Sony? PPC should be fine.

April 22, 2008 12:59AM
i think so, the clip viewer and the file transer app. lemme check and see now...

www.markdavid.tv
April 22, 2008 01:03AM
installing driver now, stand by... may have just been a missed step.

www.markdavid.tv
April 22, 2008 01:03AM
For anyone else who visits this thread, the Sony software files and manual are currently here

XDCAM software

April 22, 2008 01:24AM
yeah, I installed the driver and it says..."You cannot open the application "XSCAM EX Clip Browser" because it is not supported on this system."

I'm seeing the link you posted Jude (thank you!) and in the system requirements it says I need an "Intel 2 core duo 1 Ghz or higher**."

for those with older G5s that's the deal with XDCAM files, gonna have a buddy do the file conversion and go from there.

will the purchasing ever end? They should have a trade in for G5s so I can get the new new one that will be obsolite yesterday!

thanks!

Mark D

www.markdavid.tv
April 22, 2008 07:49AM
If you are on 10.4.11 you must have QT 7.3.1 (7.4.x doesn't seem to work with XDCAM EX on that OS). You must have FCP 6.0.2 or 6.0.3 (if you have QT 7.4.5)

So OS 10.4.11, FCP 6.0.2, QT 7.3.1
OS 10.5.2, FCP 6.0.2 or 6.0.3, QT 7.4.1 or QT 7.4.5
April 22, 2008 08:38AM
I think the EX 1 clip browser is Intel only but the FCP import utility is PPC and Intel. You can import everything and edit everything XDCAM on G5s with enough RAM and proc power.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
April 23, 2008 08:16AM
and there's this new product which can be a substitute for the Clip Browser (seems to be better at preventing accidents) and works on both PPC and Intel.

[www.imagineproducts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics