G-Raid drives - where to buy in LA?

Posted by jwilliam 
G-Raid drives - where to buy in LA?
April 23, 2008 06:16PM
So all of a sudden, 2.5TB of internal SATA storage isn't enough for me, and I need to get one of those G-Tech 1 TB drives by week's end, if not sooner. (O.T. side note - man, who remembers those days of 8 gig drives, and having 16 gigs striped together seemed like an infinite amount of space? Although I remember a couple of months ago thinking that 2 TB of internal SATA space was just as infinite... where does it all go?)

The company website lists a bunch of LA vendors - anyone have an opinion on where to go?

I'd love to have a half-decent conversation about building a small RAID setup while I'm there, and a really crafty and persuasive salesman might even be able to convince me to throw down on a setup like that as well.

Who likes where for gear buying?
Re: G-Raid drives - where to buy in LA?
April 23, 2008 06:27PM
Melrose Mac is flush. They are on Melrose and Highland in Hollywood and on Olive and Buena Vista in Burbank.

Apple Stores carry them too.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 23, 2008 09:32PM
I buy all my stuff online. The Apple Store / New Egg / Buy.com / Macsolutions. I bought my Kona LHe & KL-Box from a A/V Reseller in Tennessee & saved over $150.00. I don't like salesmen / women - call it a phobia. I get upset when people try to sell me stuff I don't want or need when I know what I am looking for. I even bought my last 2 vehicles on ebay. You can usually always find better deals online with online-specific sales. I do a ton of research before buying anything. Some sites I tell them I saw it for less somewhere else and they come down on the price or offer free shipping or something. They won't do that in any regular store.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 24, 2008 12:09AM
Call up G-Tech. They're in Santa Monica. Google them for the phone number.

Harry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics