OT: monitor tray for tripod

Posted by bdplaid 
OT: monitor tray for tripod
May 08, 2006 06:38PM
Hi, folks,

I'm looking to buy or build some type of utility tray onto which I can place an LCD monitor. I deally, this would clamp to the tripod leg.

I can only find the one made by manfrotto, and that seems too expensive to me. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of another tray-type affair, or mount, or if you had any idea about something else that could be clamped to a tripod leg and hold a 7" LCD monitor?

thanks,

hd

HarryD
bj
Re: OT: monitor tray for tripod
May 08, 2006 08:50PM
years ago i had a friend drill a hole in a 4 x4 in. piece of 1/4 aluminum.
I then threaded the 1/4 hole.
I placed a 12 x 12 inch piece of plywood on top of it, held by small screws.
made a great table.
Bj
May 08, 2006 10:50PM
thanks, my problem is i need to accommodate the angle of the tripod leg so that the tray/table is flat. i could get a percussion trap table or a clamp-on music stand arrangement, but i need one that has some kind of adjustable clamp; the ones i've seen do not, and attach to stands at a right angle only. if i could even find an articulating clamp, i could put a piece of wood on that. but i'm stuck for the clamp.

i'll keep looking.

thanks mucho,

hd
May 08, 2006 11:44PM
bogen/manfrotto makes some components that do that exactly. for about $100 you'll be set!

comes in modular parts. there is the clamp that attaches to your tripod legs.
then there is a roughly 18" VERY strong gooseneck that will hold anything shy of the heaviest of loads.

from there you can attach table surfaces, screw mounts or a variety of other manufactured parts or rigged solutions...

go to [www.bogenimaging.us]
click "products" in the left menu
then click manfrotto logo next to "Lighting Stands & Grip"

and look for super clamp and superclamp accessories
May 09, 2006 11:28AM
How big of an LCD monitor are we talking about here? Markertek has a heavy duty gooseneck (DELV-FLEX) that will attach to a tripod leg and will hold up to 4lbs. It's made for the little DelvCam 5" monitors which have a mounting hole on the bottom the same size as on any camcorder. The gooseneck has a threaded end to fit the monitor mount. They also carry a Swivel Mount Adapter (DELV-SM) which attaches to your hot shoe mount. Again this is for their small 5" LCD monitors. Barry
June 08, 2006 02:59PM
Hi,

I wanted to update this about what i actually did -

Being cheap, I started making a table that affixed to the legs of the tripod. It had a set of curved slots that provided a friction fit for Vinten sticks. the ony problem: the slots had to be cut very precise of the table wouldn't sit level. It did work, however.

Instead, I used a music stand - the type which has a closed back and can be tiled to any angle. they're very common. Originally I wanted to condense my space as much as possible so I didn't want an additional thing taking up space. But since I'm a musician and already had the music stand, i used it (I said i was cheap...). It worked out very well - it fully supported the LCD monitor, with room left over to work as a table for other items I was using.

Thanks to everyone for their help in this.

hd
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics