Music keys

Posted by JohnT 
Music keys
April 29, 2008 11:08PM
Hi Everybody.

Can we change the keys for songs/soundtracks in SoundtrackPro? Any tips wpould be very much appreciated.

JohnT
Re: Music keys
April 30, 2008 01:41AM
Go to the Project tab next to the Video tab in the left hand pane and the very last parameter is where you can change the project's key.

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
April 30, 2008 11:34PM
Thanks. Martin. I could not find the feature you mentioned under Project tab. I found the keys setting for projects under "Preferences". I am not sure how it will help me achieve what I am trying to.

I guess I have to be more specific: The music/song I have is at a low key, let say A. I want to raise the song to C to match the vocal or to make it sound better. Would I be able to do that in Soundtrack Pro? If so, could you show me how?

John
April 30, 2008 11:56PM
You could just CONTROL-click on that sound clip in Soundtrack. If the piece didn't originate in Soundtrack Pro, then first choose "Convert to Looping". Then CONTROL-click again and choose "Transpose". C is three half-steps from A, so choose "+3".

To change the key of the entire project, the drop-down menu should just be at the top of the timeline window. My version of Soundtrack Pro isn't the latest, so it's possible I'm missing something.

www.derekmok.com
May 28, 2008 12:47AM
Thanks, Derek. Case solved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics