Another PMW-EX1 .SMI problem

Posted by kosherdogs 
Another PMW-EX1 .SMI problem
May 27, 2008 09:56AM
So I've read what has been written on the forums about spanned clips, and yet I still have the same problem. Using XDCAM Transfer, I can see all my footage, including one long-ish interview. Although the clip plays in Transfer, the Import button is grey. I am trying to send this clip to FCP 6.0.3, and I have all necessary software and drivers installed. In Finder, I can see that the interview is split into two file folders - 961_0013_01 and 961_0013_02 - with the appropriately titled files within each.

The interview only shows in Transfer as 961_0013.SMI. There are no other files in the Transfer window that relate to my interview. In case this is relevant, the clip was shot on one card, not two. The two parts are 3.48 gb and 1.86 gb, respectively. Also, the folder was copied from the camera to a hard drive, preserving the initial folder structure.

So far the EX1, SxS cards, and FCP have worked almost flawlessly. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!
Re: Another PMW-EX1 .SMI problem
May 27, 2008 01:18PM
Make sure the parent folders of all the BPAVs have been added to Transfer Tool. Import the .SMI and it should bring in the other parts of the spanned clips.
May 27, 2008 03:47PM
One thing I've found is to make sure in the Logging tab that the top row representing the entire clip is checked (in your case it'll have the name 961_0013.SMI). If all the media is on a single card you should then be able to import the whole clip.

Btw, are you using the latest version of XDCAM Transfer ? 2.7 seems to fix a few glitches, especially with EX - you can get it from here
May 28, 2008 08:21AM
Thanks to craig and aidenf for their replies. After upgrading the XDCAM Transfer software, entering the Logging tab, and checking the SMI listed at the top of the spanned clips, I was successful in importing the footage into FCP.

Much appreciation, and thanks for your help!
PMW-EX1 .SMI issue
June 02, 2008 12:49AM
So I've read what has been written on the forums about spanned clips, and yet I'm still having a problem. I've been using XD Cam Transfer for well over 200 clips (some spanned some not) and haven't had any issues except for this one clip.

It's a spanned clip however both parts have the suffix .SMI. One of them is E_--0122.SMI and the other is E_--0122_01.SMI (incomplete). I've searched through all of the clips and there are NO other clips with the same name on any of the cards we used for that interview. It will not let me import either clip even when they're both loaded into XD Cam Transfer.

Any suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics