Another fields/progressive issue

Posted by Göran 
Another fields/progressive issue
June 03, 2008 04:11AM
Hi again!
If I film dvcpro 50 25p and want to output to digibeta, what is the correct aproach, change all the clip properties to "none" and edit progressive or use the fcp interpretation of the footage to lower fields and edit in that mode?
That´s one thing I don´t understand. Why does fcp interpret 25p shot on P2 as lower fields?
Re: Another fields/progressive issue
June 04, 2008 11:53AM
If you want a progressive master then change the clip properties to None and make sure the sequence setting is set to None as well.

Progressive source clips tagged as Lower Field in a progressive sequence are a bad idea because you'll lose vertical resolution.

That´s one thing I don´t understand. Why does fcp interpret 25p shot on P2 as lower fields?
I would guess because it doesn't know/can't tell the difference so it assumes they're interlaced.

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
June 04, 2008 01:00PM
Does Digital Beta take progressive footage natively?

Actually.... the difference between interlaced and progressive, are the flags. Progressive is having both fields simultaneously read, and on playback, both fields are played out simultaneously, as opposed to interlaced that has fields played out one after another.... But do DB players decode progressively?

www.strypesinpost.com
June 04, 2008 01:19PM
Digibeta doesn't care, it just sees frames of video. They may be interlaced or they may be progressive.

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics