Converting DVCProHD 29.97 to 23.98

Posted by eljefe412 
Converting DVCProHD 29.97 to 23.98
June 17, 2008 11:13PM
Back story... Shot a documentary with 10 stories using the HVX200. Captured 1080i24pA... on all day's except one (DOH!) I think we shot it at 1080i24p (without the A) or maybe at 29.97? The raw footage after capture... lists the codec at DVCProHD 1080i60 and the fps is 29.97. I tried capturing the footage with and without the remove advanced pulldown checked in the log and transfer prefs. Unchecked looked the best but it was at 29.97. So I edited that story in a native 29.97 timeline.

Ok so now I am at the point of combining all the sequences in one Grand timeline. And I am trying to make the 29.97 story not look all jittery. I have begun trying all sorts of combinations using cinema tools, compressor, FCP conform... etc. But there are thousands of combinations between the different programs and I really don't know where to begin.

I am using Studio 2 on a G5 Quad.

Any pointers or jumping off points would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
www.akorn.tv
Re: Converting DVCProHD 29.97 to 23.98
June 18, 2008 09:40AM
Well, a little late now, but you really should have tried to reverse telecine the clips BEFORE you started editing. Cinema Tools and FCP have this option. Now it is too late. The best you can do now is add the 29.97 clips to your 23.98 sequence and render. If some shots look jittery, match back to the original, adjust the in point by a frame or two and cut it back into the sequence until the pulldown looks properly.

We had this issue with footage shot 23.98 and other shot 59.94 but at 24p. Although on tape.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics