Capture problem

Posted by xavpil 
Capture problem
June 19, 2008 06:47PM
I have a problem at work when digitizing a miniDV tape.
Some of the clips have a section at the end with audio only (no video), even though there is video and audio on the tape.
I checked the source file QT, and it plays fine....
I've tried to make the clip offline and relink it...
I've tried to copy the source clip QT on the desktop, rename it and drag it in the browser...
Of course trashed preferences.

Any ideas?

Thx
Re: Capture problem
June 19, 2008 06:53PM
> Some of the clips have a section at the end with audio only (no video), even though there is
> video and audio on the tape.
> I checked the source file QT, and it plays fine....

Now that's bizarre. It's not a missing codec if QuickTime Player can play it.

Try opening the clip in QuickTime Player, put In/Out points covering only the missing area, Copy/Paste into a brand-new QuickTime Player file. Save under a new name (related but not the same as the old name), import the file and check. I think there may be a "digital spike" in the file that causes FCP to conk out at the same point every time. If this doesn't work, try the method again and shift the In point forward, losing some footage, but you may be able to salvage the rest.

You can also try relogging that section of tape, again, to have it cover less of the affected area each time.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Capture problem
June 20, 2008 08:33PM
Hey Derek,

THanks for your help.
The problem has been solved by exporting the source clip using Compressor and re-importing it to the browser. The QT file was corrupted and the Info of the QT was giving me a different frame rate from what it had been captured with.
All set
Thx again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics