master template problem in FCP

Posted by beatletodd 
master template problem in FCP
July 03, 2008 04:07AM
I am having the Master template problem described by Apple below:
----------------------------------------

Issue
On computers running Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Master Templates (templates created in Motion) do not display in Final Cut Pro 6. If you open a Master Template in Final Cut Pro, it may appear in the Viewer and the Canvas as blank or black on a computer with Leopard.

Products affected
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Final Cut Pro 6
Solution
This issue is addressed by updating to Motion 3.0.2 and Final Cut Pro 6.0.2.

Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to get the latest updates for your Final Cut Studio software, or go to Apple Downloads.
--------------------------

But I have done all that and still having the same problem. In fact after much frustration I reinstalled FCP, and have now installed the latest FCP update so now I am running Motion 3.0.2 and Final Cut Pro 6.0.4 but still no joy. I am running a 2.4 GHz Mac Book Pro with Leopard 10.5.4. Anyone have any suggestions?
Re: master template problem in FCP
July 04, 2008 07:08AM
I got it fixed...
This worked for me- below:

I trashed the Motion application (even though it was updated to 3.0.2).
I reinstalled just the Final Cut Studio files using the Final Cut Studio install disks (didn't install any of the extra stuff)
went to Software update, which offered to update both the Pro Applications Update AND Motion 3.0.2. This time, I ONLY had it install the Pro Applications Update, NOT Motion.
After it installed, I opened FCP 6.0.3, still got the black screen with the Master Templates.
I went back to Software Update and THEN installed the Motion 3.0.2 update.
rebooted and opened FCP, and the Templates were finally working again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics