Help FCP 6.0.4 Export Freezes

Posted by Charles jones 
Help FCP 6.0.4 Export Freezes
July 07, 2008 01:44AM
Any guru's out there I really need your help! I stupidly updated FCP and now every time I try to export a movie it freezes and activity monitor tells me its not responding. I can't have this for I have a deadline very soon. So I trashed Preferences, 1. I reinstalled FCP but could not open the file since its saved as 6.0.4. so I was forced to upgrade back to 6.0.4 again repair permissions and trashed preferences again. And still freezes half way through. I don't know what else to do, I tried everything I knew before I bothered you guys. I even split up the output by 30 min sections and it freezes.
I've exported this movie before and since its an hour and a half and used to be allot of multi-clips it did take a little work to get out but in 6.0.3 never a freeze. So I even collapsed all clips and tracks and still freezes. I will do anything!!!!!

All footage is DVCPROHD 720 all shot from the HVX

Please Help
Mac Pro Intel dual 2.66 3gb ram
Re: Help FCP 6.0.4 Export Freezes
July 07, 2008 01:56AM
Did you try to export to another drive location? Are you using Export QuickTime Movie or Export Using QuickTime Conversion? Self-contained or reference? Tried copying the Sequence to a new project file?

www.derekmok.com
July 07, 2008 02:10AM
Are you trying to export a .wmv using flip4mac? This will stop halfway through unless you buy the program, no matter how long the program is.

July 07, 2008 02:12AM
Yes I am using Export Quicktime Movie and yes Self-contained I will try copying to a new project file Now. and save to a new location though I have once (the entire movie instead of splitting in half) and I get a not enough memory error thats never happened either.

Thanks you I will let you know after i copy to new project
July 07, 2008 02:13AM
No and I did buy the program. No windows media needed just a dvd
July 07, 2008 02:47AM
So after saving it to another location and copying it to a new project file it froze seconds before it was done.

So its the update is all I can think.

U know of anything else I can do to get this out of my box?
July 07, 2008 10:22AM
> and I get a not enough memory error thats never happened either.

Are you sure you even have enough storage left on the destination drive? That's the most common problem for that error message. And an overfilled drive (beyond 90 per cent full is hazardous) explains the crashes. Another common problem is that people render a long project and neglect to check that the render files have sent their free drive space on a nosedive, so when they get to the export stage, they're crippled.

Take two steps back. Check all drives connected to the system and tell us how much free space you have on them. Yes, even drives that aren't being used in the project. And don't just say "I have lots of space"; give us the actual numbers.

If this isn't the issue, I'd try exporting a reference movie file and putting that into Compressor.

It's very rare that an update will cause this kind of export problem. Leave the software alone until you've exhausted your troubleshooting options.

www.derekmok.com
July 07, 2008 11:23AM
On my 3 hard drive raid in the mac I have the footage on that with 200 gigs left I checked the render files and its only 5 gigs

On a external drive i have 600 gigs left which I export to.

and the operating system drive I have 120 gigs left which last night I exported to last night by exporting every 10 - 15 min and it worked but a few files got weird. and I had this problem at work and we found it was a ram issue I have 3 gigs 2 one gigs and 2 512 sticks and at work we needed to have the same amounts of ram in each slot and the render issues stopped. When I say render issues I mean after exporting an extra frame from somewhere else would flash in the frame and thats what happened after I exported the 10-15 mins at a time. So I think that could be it but I never had that problem before but I have exported this movie many times atleast 6 times at the same length it is now just we finally locked pic . so I update about a week ago and these problems occur.

I dont know either its quicktime also thats all I can guess at this point QT, FCP or RAM
July 07, 2008 12:33PM
> On my 3 hard drive raid in the mac I have the footage on that with 200 gigs left I checked the
> render files and its only 5 gigs

200GB out of...?

Use some punctuation, please. I could barely understand that blurb above.

www.derekmok.com
July 07, 2008 01:10PM
Sorry, out of 1.5 TB

But to make it more complicated this weekend I just copied it over to that drive I used to work off of a 1TB G-raid FW800 drive. and it only had 85 GB left and I was able to export just fine before this update about 4 or 5 times.

Charles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics