Accidentally Deleting Audio Tracks?

Posted by Castanzik 
Accidentally Deleting Audio Tracks?
July 09, 2008 02:08PM
While editing in my sequences, I'll be working in one section for a while. Then when I zoom out, I find some of my audio tracks are gone is other parts of the sequence I wasn't even working in. I can't tell if I'm doing this or if my FCP is messed up. I never use the track tool so I can't figure out what I'm doing to delete my audio tracks. Any Ideas?
Re: Accidentally Deleting Audio Tracks?
July 09, 2008 03:38PM
Human error is the #1 cause of this. Without knowing more about your work process, it's pretty much impossible to tell you more. Corrupt preferences or files are possible, but improbable.

www.derekmok.com
July 10, 2008 03:57AM
What version? I remember clips ghosting out in beta versions of FCP but haven't seen it in release versions. Sometimes an edit selection will ghost out until you change your timeline magnification.

But Derek's right, and one way to guard against error is to do a quick compulsive Command-Shift-A to deselect *anything* in the sequence, just in case. (You can map that to a simpler command like Photoshop's Command-D-- which one reason it's been left blank and available.)

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Toggle your Timeline Filters bar with Option T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 10, 2008 06:30AM
Also, clear your ins and outs. when and In and Out is marked in the timeline, apple x works like a "lift" edit.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics