OT: another marker tool

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
OT: another marker tool
July 13, 2008 08:53AM
While working on a project here I'd to create a little test app for shuffling around markers.
I thought it might be helpful for others.
You can either lift markers collected from all video tracks to sequence level or sequence markers down to video track 1. There are options for the kind of markers.
But no manual, no help, no website - but it's pretty self-explaining and free.
Download here: [www.spherico.com]

Have fun
Andreas
Re: OT: another marker tool
July 13, 2008 09:42AM
If this works well, I don't think I'll be alone in saying that it'll be a godsend.

Test time!

www.derekmok.com
July 13, 2008 11:54AM
Yeah. Big future request. Anyone care to test this? Report back? Thanks Andreas.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 13, 2008 03:24PM
Thank you.

What I forgot to mention is that after conversion is done the clipboard contains a tab text with marker name, comment, marker sequence tc in, marker sequence out and marker duration.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
July 13, 2008 10:31PM
Hmm... Can't get it to work.

I saved my sequence as XML, opened mTool, clicked "Lift video markers to sequence level," and chose the exported XML. I then reimported the XML, and nothing in the sequence had changed. I tried "Drop sequence markers to video" as well, same thing. In the prefs, I then unchecked the Autosave XML option. Now it shows the markers from my sequence in the window, comments and all. I then hit the Save XML button, and reimport it into FCP, and still no changes.

The markers are being passed on to the clipboard, which works well.
Any ideas on why it's not working?
I'm completely updated: MBP, FCP, QT.
July 14, 2008 07:06PM
James,

Maybe I did a mistake with the version I did upload - there was an internal one which did save the XML to the boot drive with a name starting with "00_m".
But as the markers show up there must be a new or changed XML somewhere.
I just uploaded a new version before seeing your mail and since I did no version tracking - shame on me - I don't know what the version has been before.

So here are the changes (to make it a bit more user friendly - which doesn't mean it is user friendly)
You can select now a "Pre-Filter" for the kind of markers. This can save some time on bigger projects and also sets the clipboard stuff to the kind of markers you want.
It does display the track for video markers in table view with non auto-save mode. "0" means sequence.
And it finally allows the user to set a name and path for the XML.

new version: [www.spherico.com]

Andreas

[www.spherico.com]
July 14, 2008 07:32PM
Oooo...get this to work...please? I can't wait to hear that it might work...

Stupid Apple ignoring even WALTER MURCH on this one.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: OT: another marker tool (it works!!!)
July 14, 2008 11:16PM
Andreas- That was it! I found the file on my boot disk, and it worked!
Then I installed the latest version, and tried it out. It works great, and as described. Good job, and very useful.

One thing I noticed is that when I lifted video markers to sequence level, it does exactly that, but leaves the audio marker of a linked clip where it was. Some may find this annoying and messy, while others will appreciate that it's there as a record of which markers came from which clips.
July 15, 2008 03:45AM

One thing I noticed is that when I lifted video markers to sequence level...
I know what you mean.
As said in the initial announcement this little app is a test app for a project I'm working on. With this project we do not have audio, so the app doesn't care. Maybe I'll find some time to include this option.

Andreas

[www.spherico.com]
July 15, 2008 11:43AM
I did upload a new version which does include the option to remove all audio markers as well. It also will drop the the markers to the audio if you want. Latter one doesn't matter anyhow, as FCP obviously always "links" the markers from video to audio internally. If the marker is only visible for the video, "m" one marker, hit "Okay" and all markers of that clip be visible at the linked audio.

Andreas

[www.spherico.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics