HDV Monitoring

Posted by elevationpost 
HDV Monitoring
August 05, 2008 12:27AM
Ok here's my deal.

I am editing footage shot in 720 at 30 frames. on a JVC HDV 100. My iMac is handling it just fine.
I have FW going from the iMac to my Sony DSR-45 and then taking a composite signal from my Sony DSR-45 to my Sony 14 inch PVM 14M2U. I can see "A" picture. 16x9, the whole enchilada. Am I looking at a true HD signal? Does this mean that my Sony Monitor has the SDI card in it?
I have nothing connected to the SDI or Component inputs to the monitor. Hmmmm interesting?

Dave
Re: HDV Monitoring
August 05, 2008 01:45AM
you are looking at an SD Downconvert of the HD signal. you are seeing the whole frame, but not all of the pixels.
August 05, 2008 09:47PM
Thanks, that what's I was thinking, but just wanted a second opinion. Let me tell you, it's a damm good low res picture just for a confidence monitor. And it saves me cash in the mean time till I go buy a nice but small HD monitor. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave
August 06, 2008 12:00AM
I really like the JVC Pro LCD's. That's what I'm using at work. I'm thinking of getting a Matrox MXO2 (when it comes out) and connecting that to my Panasonic Plasma for home.
August 06, 2008 04:17AM
Shane Ross likes that MXO box for 23" Apple displays. I think that's where I'm headed. No more bottles!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Play from In to Out with Shift - \ (Backslash) !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics