Posted by gervaismz 
Video Render Files Going OFFLINE
August 08, 2008 03:30AM
Equipment-
G5, dual 2.5Ghz
2 GB RAM
OS 10.4.11
FCS 2 6.0

I'm having a very very weird problem. I got this 1 hour drama series going and I'm on episode 1 of 26. I'm at the online stage and have done a run through on color correcting all the shots. I was getting ready to do another run through of the episode to fine tune the color and maybe blow up some shots and add a cross dissolve or two when something absolutely weird happened. I went to change my window layout to a customized color layout i set up and WHAM all the video in my project need to be re-rendered, I got the red lines over my entire sequence showing that nothing is rendered, BUT the render files are still int he render folder and this was 5 hours of rendering when i did it the first time. So i went back into my auto save vault and opened up yesterday's last auto save and everything was fine all the clips were "rendered" but my final audio mix from the sound guys wasn't connected, so i hit the reconnect media and the audio was back but AGAIN all the video now needed to be rendered. I've gone and done this open different auto save files from yesterday and each time i change a layout or reconnect audio or move audio around my video files need to be re-rendered. Im at a total loss here. At 5 hours a pop for rendering there is no way i could meet my monday deadline and no way i can make sure when i go to print this thing to tape that i wont end up with another render before i go to tape. Anybody out there have an idea what the heck is going on with this and is there a fix. Honestly I'll go absolutly bonkers if this problem happens over 26 episodes.
Re: Video Render Files Going OFFLINE
August 08, 2008 04:50AM
>FCS 2 6.0

Oooh! Are you really on fcp 6.0? You may be better off with an update (copy the fcp programme somewhere else first). I recall a bug in that version that causes render files to go missing (which was what kept me from going up until it was fixed later on).

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics