Looking for music library CLASSICAL.

Posted by harry323 
Looking for music library CLASSICAL.
August 15, 2008 01:46PM
I need a recording of the first three minutes of Chopin's 1st Piano Concerto, 2nd movement.

Can anyone advise me of a library that has a good classical music selection?

Many thanks,

Harry.
Re: Looking for music library CLASSICAL.
August 15, 2008 02:15PM
try pandora.com just type in CHOPIN and it will start playing CHOPIN. when it does hover over the cd cover and click the artist name. It will give you plenty of places to buy it (mp3).

are you talking about " the unfinished synphony "? for some reason i thought that was his first.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
August 15, 2008 02:19PM
That's ? not actually very good advice at all, I'm afraid.

Even though a piece of music might, itself, be in the public domain, the recording of a performance is protected by copyright just like any other work. Buying a copy of a song from a retailer does not give you the right to use that recording as part of another work.

You need to license a recording in such a way that you can use it in your show. APM is my preferred music licensing house, but you have to set up an account before you can do business with them. Their account reps are really helpful, though, so maybe that'd be a good way to go. Odds are somebody else can chime in with other sources of royalty-free or inexpensive music licensing.

August 15, 2008 02:28PM
eye no , i have had wars over this in this very forum.

he still has to pay or get clearance but he is quite specific in what he is looking for. so i figure hes has the budget.

a better option would be a sound trax library like the ones they have on digital juice.com but i doubt that he is gonna find something that specific.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
August 15, 2008 03:44PM
Thank you for the replies.

I am indeed aware of the performing rights situation, despite the fact that the underlying composition is in public domain.

I don't have much of a budget, but this is a very famous section of the concerto, so I am hoping to find a library recording at a low price.

Any further ideas are very welcome.

And thanks for answering.

Harry
August 15, 2008 03:49PM
try firstcom.com or 5alarmmusic.com
August 15, 2008 04:17PM
Thank you very much. I'll try them.

Harry.
August 15, 2008 08:16PM
Just to follow up, in case anyone else is interested:

I've found a place called "Freeplay" (818 248 7018) which has some really good classical recordings with good soloists, just in case anyone else need this in the future. They had the best recording of the Chopin 1st Piano Concerto that I was looking for.

Thanks to you all for your input.

Best

Harry.

PS. By the way, the charge for global clearance for 4 minutes, piano and full orchestra, rate for "independent films" is $250. A bargain, in my view.

H.
August 15, 2008 10:00PM
Try Opus 1 music library.

[opus1musiclibrary.com].
Pretty decent classical stuff
I've used them in the past and they are negotiable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics