SD-HD Title Uprez

Posted by hanguolaohu 
SD-HD Title Uprez
August 15, 2008 08:55PM
I have a standard definition movie shot in 24p DV with the DVX-100 that I need to uprez to HDCAM. I'm going to a post house to get an SD-HD uprez using the Snell & Wilcox Ukon. Problem is, they don't seem to have a clue about what I should do to prepare my hundreds of subtitles and lower thirds for an HD uprez. Do I just make a new HD sequence within FCP, copy and paste my SD subtitles and voila? This is my 1st time so I have no clue how to go about this. I would highly appreciate any info you guys could give me.

Thanks,
Alexander
Re: SD-HD Title Uprez
August 15, 2008 09:03PM
If you're talking about titles created with Final Cut's text tool, then yeah, just drop them into a new timeline, conform them, and re-render.

August 15, 2008 09:17PM
When you say "conform", what are we talking about? Let me mention, I've spent dozens of hours positioning these titles.

I guess I just have to try it and see. I've never dipped my toes in HD, so I'm kinda weary.

Alex
August 15, 2008 09:19PM
There's a menu command. I can't tell you precisely where it is because I'm away from my system right now, but the command is "conform to sequence."

August 16, 2008 05:48PM
It's: Modify -> Conform to Sequence (while the titles are selected)
It might be a good idea to do that, but maybe it's not necessary at all. Text generators don't have a dimension and normally auto-scale.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
August 16, 2008 06:15PM
Thanks guys. I got this info from my colorist:

Ideally the post house would upconvert a textless version of the film and give you a QuickTime of the film HD with no titles. Then place the upconverted QuickTime of the film into an HD sequence in fcp and copy and paste the subtitles from your sd sequence into the new hd sequence at the same timecodes. They should look great. From this sequence you can make your final deliverables.

Knowledge is power man!

Best,
Alexander
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics